THIS IS NOW CLOSED – THANKS FOR ALL YOUR APPLICATIONS
Crying Out Loud and French company L’Insomnante are looking for a Workshop Facilitator, with experience of working with children with an autistic spectrum disorder.
Freelance Workshop Facilitator (needs experience of working with children with an autistic spectrum disorder)
Dormez-Vous? is a performance specifically created for children on the autistic spectrum, supported by an interactive, multi-arts residency, taking place in special schools. We are also touring a production entitled L’Insomnante to venues, with some Autism Friendly performances. The research period will take place in France followed by the UK tour.
We are looking for an experienced and creative workshop facilitator, with knowledge & experience of autism, to help support our work in Special Schools and our Autism Friendly performances in venues. The brief will include:
- working on the Research & Development period in France, with the company, to create an autism specific show entitled Dormez-Vous? and the associated in-schools residency
- working with the performers to create and lead an introductory and conclusive session to performances of the production L’Insomnante taking place in venues
- to support the performers, when necessary, during both performances
- to plan, create and lead familiarisation sessions and workshops with a group of children with ASD and their parents
- to liaise with schools to ensure that the project meets their needs and that information flows well between the school, the company and the children and families
Essential experience and skills
- experience facilitating and leading theatre, performance, dance or creative arts workshops with children with an autism spectrum disorder
- experience of working with children with challenging behaviour
- able to work as a team with the creative team to create a safe and engaging performance environment
- ability to respond instinctively and creatively in a performance environment
- a commitment to safeguarding children and a recent CRB check
- contribute to the evaluation process
- must be self employed
- must be able to speak French
- available on the following dates:
21 March 2013 (preferred but not essential)
18-29 November 2013 (R&D in France)
January/ February 2014 (dates TBC)
May 2014 (dates TBC)
September 2014 (dates TBC)
This is a fabulous project for anyone interested in supporting the development of exciting performance and participatory work for children on the autistic spectrum.
Please send a CV and a short covering letter stating your availability and previous relevant experience to:
Slavka Jovanovic – email@example.com
Apologies for the tight deadline! Wednesday 20 February at 6pm. Interviews Monday 25 February in London.
This is a freelance contract offered at £120 per day for workshop time.